It started off with Stephen being gone to a conference for a few days. Things are always harder when he's not here.
Then last Sunday the little guy got the flu and was throwing up. This is his first sickness. And my first time cleaning up puke. Sunday night was rough with him waking up all night long.
Monday was recuperation day. Then on Tuesday, my eldest nephew and I decided it would be fun to catch the flu as well. We each claimed a bathroom and laid nearby for most of the day.
Stephen was coming home that day and I was supposed to pick him up from the airport. In my sicky state I couldn't go and called him to ask if he could find another way. His way took four hours to get home from the airport. Needless to say he was not a happy camper.
Wednesday morning we woke up to see my baby covered in red spots. At first I thought they were bug bites but the doctor confirmed it is the chickenpox! We've been quarantined now. They even had us leave through the back way so other kids wouldn't get infected.
Oh, and IV got another tooth, for a grand total of TWO! Yep, being one is turning out to be great ;)

3 comments:
Ahh! I'm sorry!! I hope that your week gets better!!
Poor little guy. Hey by the way, the flue thing...well, don't say I never share! ;)
I was thinking of bringing my kids over and having a chickenpox party. However, I realized why my kids haven't had chicken pox, because they were vaccinated for it. I had TOTALLY forgotten this! So, yet again, baby Stephen (I mean Hrafnackle) is being way too easy on you! ;)
Becky
So sorry that his first cold was a nasty one. Just be thankful that he went this long with out one! Looks like he is making up for lost time. ;)
Hugs
Post a Comment