Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I miss Texas

I highly doubted that I would ever feel this way but it's true. I miss Texas, and I even miss Wichita Falls.
I miss the house that we were renting.
I miss driving fifteen minutes to some rural city.
I miss discovering all the fun things to do around Wichita Falls.
I miss our ward.
I miss our friends.
I miss the weather.
I miss the closeness, when people would ask if I lived nearby I would always reply "YES!" because I can guarantee you could drive anywhere in that city in under thirty minutes. Probably even less.
I miss the hills.
I miss the cuteness of the city. Sure not all of it was cute, but some parts were.

Like the littlest skyscraper. Yep, my beloved Wichita Falls is known for this beauty.
There's some lore surrounding this building but basically, somehow the blueprint was for a tall skyscraper and this skinny four-story building was built instead. I got this image from here. Really, you should go check that website out.

I miss having to drive to Oklahoma City or Dallas/Fort Worth when we wanted to buy certain items (namely computer parts).
I miss the tree-lined streets where we lived.
I wish I had checked out all the fun places I wanted to when we lived there. I was always too busy and pushed it off for another day. Maybe one day we'll go back and visit. Ooh, I can't wait!

2 comments:

Karen said...

There is just something about TX. I miss it too.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Living somewhere else is always such a fun adventure. To live somewhere so different from where you are from, is even better!

Love ya Sis,
Becky