Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cupcakes

I've always wanted to try my hand at cake decorating and for my birthday this year Stephen bought me a ton of cake decorating supplies. My niece's birthday came up recently and it was themed a "Movie-Star" Party so I knew these would be a hit. I made funfetti cupcakes with gold wrappers, then I tinted some cream cheese frosting red (which took FOREVER!) Then I rolled out some fondant and cut different shaped stars out of it. Lemon extract and gold shimmer powder were mixed together to create a paint which was then painted onto the stars.
It was so much fun! I can't wait 'til the next birthday party!


Oh yeah, don't ask about the pie incident. I'm better off buying some things from the store ;)

3 comments:

Allison said...

They're gorgeous, Erika! :)

RootsAndWingsCo said...

They were adorable Erika!!

I have a pie recipe for you. Come to my house some time to bake pies with me;)

Brewer's Ink said...

Those turned out so cute! Great job!