Last night as Stephen and I were talking to each other we had a conversation that went a little something like this:
Me: What can goats be used for?
Stephen: Human lawn-mowers.
Haha. I was laughing so hard at that one.
So I am a grammar/spelling nazi. It bothers me when people misuse our language. Here's some that I've seen lately.
Talking about the natural environment ..."natural train" It's supposed to be "terrain". This one might be my favorite.
In reference to parents..."I was a loud to go ..." hahaha.
And for those of you over-achievers I'm sure you were involved in many "extra circular activates". Man oh man, spell check can't fix everything people!
And the one that bothers me the most...a "collage" is an arts and crafts project. "College" is a form of higher learning. Sometimes when I see people who don't know which is which I wonder if they should even BE in college. But then I realize even I make spelling and grammar mistakes and I let it slide.
P.S. On a non-funny note, I've only got 10 pounds to lose! Yipee! I've lost a total of 47 pounds since giving birth. That's quite impressive!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

8 comments:
I totally agreed with the collage/college thing haha
PS: where are you losing 47lbs from??
Truthfully, from the 67 pounds I gained while pregnant. It was ridiculous. I was HUGE.
Pictures of you please!!
Nothing ridiculous about it. Some of us are so small, large amount are needed to be gained for healthy babies! I was lucky to have lost all of my weight with each of my large weight gains with my kids. You do look fantastic, my sweets! Though, I would like to know what it was like to be one of those cute little pregnant women. I don't know why every part of my body needed all those extra pounds! ;)
I love that those kinds of errors bother you so much! ;)
Becky
Yay for you!!
I agree with the college/ collage one especially.
And I also agree with Paige-I can't believe you had 47 pounds to pull from anywhere!
HAHA your funny! We have a goat and she does do well with keeping the grass cut. We also get good milk from her! Thats great that you have almost lost of your pregnancy weight! I agree with the person who left a comment above... about being so small and having to gain a lot of weight to grow a healthy baby! Although Im not as tiny as you I had gained about 40 pounds (give or take a few) with all three of my kiddos! And they all ended up each being over due by a week or more. My smallest was 8 days late and was 6lbs. 9oz. and my biggest was 11 days late at 7lbs. 8oz. So I felt like if I didnt gain that amount of weight and had them on time or even two weeks early they would be tiny little peanuts! So although I dont like that I gaine that much Im glad that I do gain that much to get healthy good size babes out of it! Thats such a great feeling congrats on the weight loss!
They do actually use herds of goats for mowing lawns. There's a guy here in Washington that rents out his herd. I saw them once. It was funny. I guess it's a "green" way to trim your grass.
Oh, how the development of blogs and social networking has exposed everyone to the horrible grammar mistakes that were usually just made in private (or just less publicized)!
Post a Comment