Sunday, January 9, 2011

Modern Family

I LOVE the show Modern Family. It never fails to make me laugh. Oddly enough, the couple I can relate to the most is the gay couple. Mostly it's just because they have a daughter one month older than our son. A few episodes back they were dealing with her biting things (and more specifically people) which she isn't supposed to. Now my son has started this disastrous habit as well. He gets so mad when we don't let him do what he wants and he bites whatever is nearest. Sometimes it's my shoulder...ouch! But mostly it's random inanimate objects close to him. My favorite is when he gets mad at me for not paying attention to him while I am cooking and so he will try to bite the kitchen counter. Mind you, he is much shorter than the counter and so he has to do a semi-pull-up just to reach the counter and try to bite it. Hilarious! It's really hard to try and teach him not to continue these bad behaviors when I am laughing at his crazy antics.

P.s. I need to post pictures from Christmas but I'm sicker than death right now. I've basically got a cold with lots of extra symptoms added in. As soon as I kick this sucker to the curb I will add photos.

2 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I also love that show. I can't relate to the gay couple, but they are so my favorite. I want to have a relationship like theirs!

Thankfully only one of my children went through the biting phase. I think it was Winter, and I think she bit Kaila like twice. I'll have to confirm that with Jess. Can't believe I can't remember! ;)
Becky

Allison said...

Haha! It's okay, Erika. I bite people all the time. When I get frustrated, I tend to chew on whatever's closest... "I'm really sorry, Officer. But when I get nervous or upset, it's my first reaction."