Thursday, May 22, 2008

Manti Temple

The week that we left to drive to Texas, some friends of ours were getting married. We were planning on atttending their open house in Gilbert the next week but once Stephen got his job we knew that was out of the question. We realized we could instead drive to Manti Utah and attend their sealing! I was super excited about this! At first we didn't understand why they would choose to get married in Utah when he is from Arizona and she is from Idaho, we joked that it was in the middle and therefore the ultimate compromise. Having now been there, I am stunned by the beauty of the temple. It was as gorgeous on the inside as the outside leads you to believe. Stephen snapped this picture after the ceremony, while waiting for the newlyweds to come out.
It was such the perfect day for a wedding, I had always wanted it to be stormy on my wedding day but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I love the picture below of the happy couple. It was interesting to hear both sides of their family talking to each other before the ceremony. I definitely learned new things about both the bride and groom.
And of course there has to be a kissing picture!! I love her dress, it is GORGEOUS!!
We had to leave early to get back and finish packing so we could leave for Texas, we ended up leaving at just the right time because it started hailing while they were trying to take more pictures!! Stephen and I are both very glad that we were able to go up for their sealing, it was such a special event.

No comments: