Well, we finally made it to Texas...woohoo! The drive only took two days, three vehicles, one trailer and numerous gas stops (or just bathroom breaks at the end). It was fun driving through New Mexico and while we were in Texas and just driving to Wichita Falls we thought it would be fun to chase a HUGE storm. Luckily we never caught up to it as the radio kept warning us that it could produce tornadoes, to which Stephen wished we knew where his video camera was in case we caught a glimpse. As for me I am quite content to never see a live tornado...ever. While filling up at a gas station in Texas I realized that the uncomfortableness I was experiencing was my first encounter with humidity. Luckily it hasn't been that bad since.
I am really loving Wichita Falls and can sort of find my way around town. It is funny to hear everyone talk with a Southern accent! When we first arrived late at night I was tired and cranky and it just really irked me to hear everyone speaking that way, I mean it really ticked me off! I wanted to ask the waitresses to please speak correctly, but decided that would be too harsh. It has grown on me a little and now I try to copy phrases that I hear so hopefully I won't always sound like such a foreigner.
We were able to snag this amazing house for rent in an older almost historic district of town. Seriously we live on a tree lined street, it is sooo picturesque!! There is a little apartment in our backyard that the owners will rent as well which should prove to be quite interesting! It's funny because their address is 2002 1/2 whereas ours is 2002. I just find this little one-half thing to be so cute! Can you imagine if there were more apartments in our backyard? Then they could be addressed as 1/4 and 3/4 or something fun like that. Even though the apartment is tiny I would like to live in one just to have a fun address!
Well, I am sorry that I didn't post any pictures with this post, we don't have internet yet and so we are hanging out at the grocery store to use their free internet. You can expect to see photos once the internet is up and running at our place.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

1 comment:
Yippee!! I am so glad to see you post! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Your writing is much more interesting. You are actually quite humerous...who knew?
Loves!!!
Post a Comment