Saturday, February 28, 2009

FINALLY!!

That's right...I finally have some girl scout cookies! Some fun facts about them: 1. They are cheaper here than in AZ (another reason why my family should come and visit) 2. And for some unknown reason a few of them here have different names than I am familiar with such as the Peanut Butter Patties (Tagalongs) and the Caramel deLites (Samoas). As we speak the Thin Mints are being devoured and I've already sampled the Lemonades and Peanut Butter Patties. Yum! And I finally went to Walmart to pick up the Girl Scout Ice Cream that we paid for but never got.

I would like to thank everyone for the sweet comments regarding the pregnancy photos on my last post. They were so nice that I decided to include a few more.
This one is to prove that I sometimes will actually do my hair. And to show off my nice burn mark.
I was able to finally go to my doctor's appointment and I'm coming down to the weekly visits! I am officially 34 weeks pregnant and the official due date is April 8th. Less than six weeks to go! I was given all my medical records in case I go into labor early and it's interesting to look over them. From various appointments I have the due dates of the 3rd, 7th, and two for the 8th of April, and that's the date that was settled on.
~
I think it would be fun to hold a contest on here and I will award a prize to whoever (whomever?) most accurately predicts the stats of my firstborn. You can guess however little or much information you want to from details such as these:
~
1. What day will Stephen IV make his arrival?
2. What will be the time of the above-mentioned's birth?
3. How many hours will I be in labor?
4. Will I end up getting an epidural?
5. Will this child shock us all by being a "Stephanie" and not a "Stephen"?
6. Will an emergency c-section be necessary?
7. What will his length and weight be? And let's keep this to a relatively low number please, I will NOT be having a ten pounder!!!
8. Will he have a head full of hair or be a little baldy?
9. How much will I weigh at the end? (keeping in mind that I just downed an entire sleeve of thin mints while writing this post!)
10. Anything else you would care to remark on.
~
You can just leave your predictions as a comment on here or email them to me. And remember, the closest prediction will be awarded a PRIZE! Which may or may not include the holding of my child ;) Happy guessing!
~
Oh and you don't have to guess today, I'll leave the guessing open until the first of April which gives you a month!

7 comments:

Kat said...

Either way I had better get to hold that baby when I finally get to see him!!!!! You will be on my naughty list if I don't!!!

Glad you got your girlscout cookies. I didn't know that they went by other names. Interesting. We have some in our freezer and I caught Jim sneaking out to the garage to eat some with out telling me! He had nearly half a box gone before I figured out why he kept going into the garage.

Love the belly!

Chris said...

It's going to be stephanie
Bald
April20
7lbs
9hr labor
You 150lbs
21 in
O natral delivey

Kristen said...

I have some questions before I do my guessing:

Have they considered you high risk in any way shape or form? Were you and Stephen large or small babies? How much did you weigh at your last appointment? (I won't ask for any updates on weight so I can make my guesses educated, but not sneaky).


So glad to see that everything is going great. You look WONDERFUL!

erika said...

Good questions!
They have marked me high risk only because there is a family history of Autism on both sides.
I was a fairly small baby whereas Stephen was a fairly large baby.
And at my last appointment I weighed 148.5 pounds.

Allison said...

1. What day will Stephen IV make his arrival?
April 3rd

2. What will be the time of the above-mentioned's birth?
Hm... about 3:30pm

3. How many hours will I be in labor?
12

4. Will I end up getting an epidural?
Wait... you weren't intending on getting one in the first place?! Hm... I'm going to say by the time you scream for one it will be too late. Are my answers painful enough?! lol

5. Will this child shock us all by being a "Stephanie" and not a "Stephen"?
Gosh I hope not. How embarrassing for "Stephanie".

6. Will an emergency c-section be necessary?
Hm... Hopefully no.

7. What will his length and weight be? And let's keep this to a relatively low number please, I will NOT be having a ten pounder!!!
7lbs 4 oz - Length 19in

8. Will he have a head full of hair or be a little baldy?
Bald

9. How much will I weigh at the end? (keeping in mind that I just downed an entire sleeve of thin mints while writing this post!)
153lbs

10. Anything else you would care to remark on.
Can this prize entail rights to your first born?! ;-)

erika said...

Allison, for all the painfulness your prediction entails I'm glad you think he'll be under an eight pounder. Unfortunately this prize does NOT entail rights to my first born, but it might be something equally as great!

Lucky Mom said...

Hi. It's your sis's BFF from Vegas. First I have to say YOU ARE ADORABLE!!!!! So much more belly than when I saw you at Christmas time.
1. April 6th, although I like Chris' guess of 4/20 since thats my bday. Gifts welcome.
2. Lets say 12:05pm, since thats when I was born
3. Seven hours of pure blissful labor
4. You are a smart girl so, Yes, you will have an epidural. Why endure pain if you don't have to?
5. Definitely a Stephen. I gave a bunch of clothes to your Mom for him so they need to be used. Somehow I don't think brown camo is as cute on a girl.
6. No emergencies please.
7. Length 20 1/2, Weight 7lbs 2oz. My length guess is pretty average and I used my middle child's birth weight.
8. Baldy for sure. Just look at his Daddy. No hard feelings Stephen III.
9. 145lbs, unless you try to skew this one and continue eating Thin Mints. Aren't they the best???
10. I can't wait to have a meet and greet with the little guy. I am soooooooooooooooooooo thrilled for you both.