Monday, March 9, 2009

A Pictureless Post

A lot has been going on but I've either forgotten my camera at these events or have chosen not to display the photographs for various reasons.

First off, on Saturday we went to our Childbirth class. I opted for the condensed program where they teach you everything in one day so that way I only had to drag Stephen along once ;) Some of the information was very good to hear and other parts were ridiculously silly. It was nice to see the hospital and to get the tour so that we know where to go and what to do when I do go into labor (it's less than a month away!). I really enjoyed watching the birthing videos although I had to look away during the C-section video because it was making me WAY too uncomfortable. At least I don't have to see what's going on, right?

Coincidentally we sat next to a couple who had a very similar last name...what are the chances of that!?! We were chatting with them during the class and expressed our chagrin that no one ever seems to tell you all the little details about what being pregnant and going through labor and delivery entails. We all agreed that had we known all these details we would have thought a little more about getting pregnant. I think some of the details aren't well known so that the next generation has a chance to come about. But here we are now.

We were asked to bring some pillows and I brought along our pillows that still have the Valentine's Day pillowcases on them that my sister Pollyanna made for us. I really wanted to take a picture of this but I forgot the camera.

I recently took some bare belly pictures so I can remember what my baby belly looks like. From my angle my belly sure looks strange because the little guy favors the right side of my body. So that part of my stomach is nice and round whereas the other side is much more limp and almost non-existent. I have finally developed the line that runs up the pregnant belly right in the middle. I first had the line appear from my belly button on down and it took longer to get the line to move upwards. I have no idea what this line is for, but most pregnant ladies get it. What makes mine even better is that from my belly button up, the line is not in the middle of my belly but instead about an inch to the left. I can only imagine this is from the little guy lovin' the right so much. I attempted to document this so everyone could appreciate the oddity that is my baby bump but Stephen took a look at the pictures and thought they were a little to risky to put on the web. So you just have to imagine it instead :)

Oh, and there's still time to make your predictions, I've already received four (including my mom!) and I'm sure you don't want to miss out on your chance to receive some sort of a prize. The details are all on my previous post. Have fun guessing!

1 comment:

soccermom said...

I haven't made my guess. Here goes:
Little Stephanie Nicole (why Nicole? Because that was my choice for you when you were born!) will be born on April 17 at 4:00am, after 73 Hours of labor and in the end she will be born only thanks due to a C-Section! She will be 21 inches long and a good 10 pounds even (she was a week over due after all!).




Ok but my real guesses are:
March 28 at 2:15 AM
Stephen will be born after a 7 hour labor (hey that's 2 hours longer then my longest!).
I'm thinking a 7lb 2oz baby that is 18 inches long. That's about the middle of my kids!
It will be a VAGINAL birth (did you read that, Stephen? I said, V.A.G.I.N.A.L!) with the blessing of an epidural (thank you to whomever came up with those! Seriously!)
Stephen will be asked to leave the room because he was getting woozy =) I've personally had that one happen, so don't worry it happens to the best of them!
You guys will forget to take pictures during labor (or decide those pictures were too "risky"), but it's okay you can try to remember with #2 that will be born on Jan 12 2010! =)

Wow, this has been fun on your expense! =) I hope you know my real feelings and intentions and that all of this is just in jest! I am so excited for you guys and so sorry to not be more involved in what you are going through and what you will VERY soon be going through. Enjoy it! It was the best 3 days of my life!!!!