Thursday, April 2, 2009

Maybe the last appointment?

Last night I was having some pretty hard and strong contractions but they wouldn't last for more than 45 minutes at a time. We decided that we didn't want to have to wake our doctor so late at night and so we pushed off having Stephen for another day;)

Before the doctor's appointment today we bet on how far along I had progressed. I was very hopeful that I had dilated to a 5 and Stephen ,to one up me, said I was probably a six. When we got into the appointment he suddenly changed his tune and said I was assuredly a three right before the doctor confirmed it. I'm also 90% effaced.

When she heard that I've been having contractions and that I am indeed progressing along, the doctor decided it would be best to get things going and so she stripped my membranes. Wowsa. She had us make the appointment for next week (on my due date) but said that was just in case and that she fully expects to see us in the hospital before then.

After the appointment we headed over to Schlotsky's to grab what may be my last pregnant meal and Stephen was kind enough to take all the bumpy roads just to see what happens. Stephen is so excited and he keeps calling from work to see what's happening with me. I think I scared him by bawling on the phone, but that's what happens when you watch Steel Magnolias.

I would really like to have him on Saturday (per Kellee's suggestion) but it looks like I may not last that long...who knows!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Hahahahhaha your baby played an April fools joke on you!!! You thought you were going to have him. He is going to make you wait. I am betting next week. He won't be kind enough to come on the weekend when Stephen will be home from work. Didn't I say you were going to be induced? In my book stripping the membranes is trying to induce. Though I think your little man will stay in till at least Monday or Tuesday.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Well, if you take it easy then I think Saturday is totally doable. However, I had my membranes stripped with 2 of my kiddos and went in to later with them that night. So, I've got my fingers crossed for you! This is certainly fun to be "a part of"! Thanks for letting us be along for the ride!
Rebecca

Heather said...

Ughh I'm so jealous! I'm due on Saturday and only at 1cm.... :( Good luck with little Stephen!

Kristen said...

Allison told me your water broke. :)

Come on baby! Congrats!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your bundle of Joy!! I'm so glad everything went well!
Becky