Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stephen the Kid is Here!




After an easy labor and delivery (wait til you here the details!!) Stephen the Kid made his arrival early Friday morning. Everyone involved is doing better than expected and a longer blog post (including the prediction winner) will come within the next few days. For your viewing pleasure, visit http://www.stephenzank.com/ to see additional pictures and maybe even a video about our newest family member.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Ahhh! He is soooo beautiful & precious!! Congratulations!!!
I'm glad you had an easy labor, can't wait to read about it :)

Paige said...

Seriously. Beautiful!

(I hope you don't mind me calling your son beautiful but really, he is!)

Kristen said...

Congrats! He's gorgeous!

(I'm so glad L&D wasn't terrible for you.)

Kat said...

So happy for your little family!!

Every Mom has a pregnancy and labor and delivery story all their own. I guess it is a right of passage. Some day you will be telling a Mom-to-be advice and they won't understand it fully till they get there. You will no doubt tell all your friends and they will probably not get it unless they have been there. There is just no way to describe the whole process and how it changes you forever. You just can't know how awesome it really is. I am so happy that you have had that chance!! Now you will know what it is like to have your own little baby sleep on your chest. How sweet the weight of him is and how strong your connection to him already is.

P.S. coat his bottom with petrolium jelly it will help to clean him easier while he still has the marconum (sp?) poops (the black tar like poop). Though I am sure they already told you that at the hospital.

Love you guys!!!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

What a very handsome guy!!!! I wish you guys all the best with this little one! Congratulations!! I can not wait to hold him and am only sad that I will have to wait so long to do so. ;) He seems to be saying, "Aunt Becky...hold me!" Doesn't he!?

Love,
Becky

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

He is so cute! The video made me cry! I cried throught the whole thing! I'm such a panty waste as Sister Hall would say.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Erika, I found your blog, hope you dont mind that I read it. I really want to add you to my allow list so you can view mine. I need your email. Your little baby boy has got to be the most beautiful baby I have ever seen for just being born. Most newborns have cone shaped heads with the bruised squished up face and eyes. He is so perfect. Im so happy for you guys!
~Shari Miller Romney
(grew up in the centennial ward, Deannas sister)
smiller9238@hotmail.com