The Sunday before I gave birth Stephen and I were playing a little game with my water weight at church. If you poked my feet/legs the imprint would stay for quite some time. It was super gross. Then Stephen asked the Bishop's wife (who was sitting right in front of us) to poke my leg so she could see how much water I was retaining. And she did. Awkward.
I was shaving my legs at home for the first time since being in the hospital and I was amazed at how tiny my legs were! Those little ankles could actually support my weight?!? My feet and toes are no longer marshmallows and those pregnancy shoes...they are WAY too big now! My fingers are no longer sausages, and I can almost put on my wedding ring again!
Seeing how the water was draining out of me I have been dying to know what I weigh now. We don't have a scale at home and so I've really been in the dark about my weight. Saturday we went over to a friend's house and while there I remembered that they have a scale!!! Hallejuah! Wanna know how much weight I had lost in just over a week?
Twenty Pounds! That's right...I lost 20 pounds in just over a week! (nine days to be exact) I no longer feel like a blimp any more, I feel much more normal.
And as for the cute child who is the cause of this weight loss...he's slumbering sweetly right now. Today he gets to meet Nana. And ten points for whoever pronounces that correctly...apparently my husband can't.
Some fun facts about our son:
He hates night time and would rather sleep through the day.
The Kid also loves car rides, they put him to sleep faster than anything else.
He makes the cutest facial expressions

3 comments:
GREAT post! Well, the weight issue not so much, as it's really no fun, is it? But the facts at the end! Love it! I know parents that would drive all night just to get their baby to be sleeping at night. I think I'd wreck! Though I was awake at night with my kids, I sure wasn't lucid enough to drive a car, especially one with my most prized posessions in it! ;) Oh, and I can pronounce Nana correctly. Do I get 10 points?
Love ya!
Becky
ps I'm the one who commented first on your post above, too! Forgot I was using rootsandwings sign in!
Wow, that's a ton of weight to lose in 9 days. I'm super impressed! Good job! ;)
Nana= the sounds in "banana" or
Nana= the sounds in "naughty", each repeated once respectfully. Let me know if I got one right!
It's the second one, and I like the way you decribed them! My husband mistakenly always says it like the first one.
Post a Comment