Monday, May 11, 2009

A Picturefull Post

I was finally able to have my camera cooperate with me, so here are some random pictures from the past few weeks.

This first one was taken after my husband complained that our son never would fall asleep on his chest. I took this as proof that his statement was incorrect. I love that he's so out of it his arm is just limp to the side! CUTE!

Next we have proof that not only is my son long and skinny, it is true that he cries. Or in this case, screams his head off.

Here's a picture of me right after getting my hair cut, highlighted and permed. It's not the best picture, but it gives the idea. You should also know that this is me 30 pounds lighter than when I gave birth!! Only many more to go.
Here is one of our son's favorite places to sleep. He loves to be almost smothered up against anything, in this case he's between the back of our couch and my boppy pillow. He was totally asleep until I forgot that my flash was on. Oops.

This was after his first bath to show how crazy his hair gets, it stands up all over right after a bath.

And again, more proof that my son does cry. I think it's so cute when he's mad that sometimes I'll kiss him tons when he's like this...which just makes him cry more. You can't say he's not loved.

I LOVE the spring time! After being cooped up in the house for days I finally went outside for something and noticed how gorgeous it is. These are the trees in front of our house. I love it when everything is in bloom and I loved being pregnant and not being allergic to any of the pollen!!

This is again more proof that our child does fall asleep on my husband. It was too cute to not take a picture!!
Have I said how much I love my camera?! It's true I really do, I always have so much fun playing with all the different settings. We also love our love sac and of course love the child asleep on it!!

These last two pictures were taken at the Dallas Temple which was in the most gorgeous neighborhood!
Proof that mom was here. She was the first of our families to hold the little guy. You all should be jealous. The next family member to hold him will be my dad and I'm pretty sure the Kid's cheeks will be red from all the kissing.

9 comments:

jkzank said...

You look GREAT! seriously 30 pounds lost already? That is awesome! I wish I got to see you soon but I don't think that's happening :( The Kid really is very long and skinny but he is very handsome.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

YAY!!! So happy for such a picture-full post! He's gorgeous. I think I will just kiss him when he screams like that too. Little does he know that it's not really alarming, instead it's just dang cute! ;)

Can't wait to hold him!!

Becky

Allison said...

Erika. I want your child. He's so precious!!!

30 lbs, girl?! You'll be back to your old weight in no time then! Especially once he starts running around your home with you chasing after him.

PS- Your new do looks very pretty! :-)

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Your boy is so darn cute! And long and skinny is an understatement more like octopus! Goodness but cute none the less. You look great!

Kat said...

Adrian does that snuggle into stuff too!!! He still has guard rails on his bed because he snuggled right into the mesh between the guardrail and the mattress. As an infant, Damian use to try to burrow under us if we layed in bed with him.

So fun to see what the cousins have in common!! Very cute!

So glad you were able to finally post, not that I have been doing much better these days. ;)

See you soon!!!

Steven and Chelsea said...

He is TOO CUTE!! And I can't believe you've lost 30 pounds already :) You will be back to your tiny little self soon enough!! He is so tall and skinny I love it!! You should have a fashion show of him wearing all the onesies we painted for him!

erika said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!!

We were totally going to take a picture with him wearing each of the onesies but sometimes he goes through them so fast I don't even have a chance to photograph it! Haha, plus the onesies were in different sizes, hopefully as he grows I'll manage to at least get one good picture with each personalized onsie.

Anjeanette said...

You look AWESOME!! I wish I looked like that after giving birth.

Thanks so much for the pictured post.

Karen said...

I love all these pics! I can't wait to see you at the end of the month.