Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Many Faces of a Sleeping Babe

It often seems as though the only time I can get a decent picture of my son is when he's alseep. Otherwise he's just too blurry from moving around so much. He moves WAY more than any of the other babies in my family, which is why I've aptly given him the name of "Squirmy-Wormy."
Here he is taking a nap in his bouncer (Thanks Daniel & Crystal - I had no idea how great these are!) On this day he decided it would be fun to try and get out of the bouncer...well at least a leg and a hand made it overboard!The leg that needs to be rescued.His whole sleeping self. I LOVE holding him while he sleeps and having him just cuddle up to you...that's probably my favorite thing right now.And here he is during his afternoon nap. This child always has his arms out, he was never a fan of swaddling. Except that one time I couldn't get him to sleep for the life of me and someone else swaddled him and he went right to sleep. I've tried it since and it's NEVER worked again. So weird.
He loves to sleep with a blanket and he used to snuggle his face right into it so I started using the afgans my mother made for him 'cause there's holes in them so I feel like he can breathe easier. Thank goodness those days are over!
I can't believe how big he's getting!!

4 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

He is just too cute! Love it when they're sleeping - looks like a good time for you to take a nap too.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Beautiful Baby! Nothing better than a sleeping baby! mmmm. Snuggling into you, oh that's heaven for sure! It's so fun having a baby in the family (especially since someone else gets up at night and changes the diapers!).

Becky

Kat said...

I always loved taking pictures of my boys when they were sleeping. I still do. ;)

Thanks so much for the sweet pictures of your wee one. So cute.

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

He's so skinny! He's adorable though! I have still yet to meet him! I saw you once but he wasn't with you. Liam is way chunkier!