Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snowflake Trip

I have a whole bunch a places I want to visit in AZ before Stephen graduates in May.  There aren't any job openings here and so chances are we'll be living somewhere else once he gets a job.  So I wanted to explore Arizona while we still have the chance.  Still left on my list are Tombstone/Bisbee...we did a quick trip there already and I'm dying to go back, also Prescott/Jerome.  I've been to Prescott, but never Jerome.  

It's also one of my goals to see as many temples as I can.  Already this year my mom and sister went with me out to the Gila Temple in Safford, I was married in the Mesa Temple, and I've been to both the supposed Phoenix Temple site and the Gilbert Temple site.  All that was left in Arizona was to see the Snowflake Temple.  So up we went.  

While on the drive I had to change my son's diaper.  I've always struggled doing this in the car but this time I got smart and changed him in the trunk where there's tons of room!   I was pretty proud of this genius move.
Here we are at the front waterfall of the Temple.
I was testing out my ISO and I LOVE this shot of my cutie.
I would love to have huge pictures of the Temples in our home, but I'm not about to pay ridiculous prices for them, so I'm taking my own shots to later edit and frame.  I like the way these turned out.


On the way back we stopped in Show Low because my mom had never been before.  While eating lunch this older gentleman came in and was telling the craziest, loudest story I've ever heard before.  We quickly made our escape and found his beaten-up truck.  It seriously looks like Mater from Cars.  My mom stealthily took these pictures from the inside of our car.  
We're talking same color(s) and it was crazy to see the aging on this vehicle.
The tires were sooo bald.  The tread was literally worn off.  
As we were pulling away I saw that the back of the truck was held together with rope.  We had already put away the camera so I didn't get a picture, but this will live on in my memory as the Mater truck.  What it lacked in safety it certainly made up for in personality.

3 comments:

Anjeanette said...

How fun! I love the pictures of Stephen a well as the temple. That truck is hilarious!!

Camille Elise said...

there is small town silly for you...I'm imagining it. SOOO funny. :)

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love when I am brilliant and come up with things like you did with changing him in the trunk! Seriously, Mothers rock and inovation!
Becky