Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Paper or Plastic?

Well, we made the switch.  From eating like grown, civilized adults to eating like bachelors in a bachelor pad. 

 
Yup, move over reusable dishware and hello throwaways!  

As of today I have EXACTLY three weeks until my due date.  And if Little Miss is anything like her big brother...then we are closer to two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!  AGH!  

I had bought some disposable kitchen supplies for after our little one's arrival..but we decided we needed them now. 

A.  We don't have a dishwasher.  We DO have a three year old who likes to eat ALL DAY LONG.  Then throw in a pregnant lady, and a starving husband and we go through a lot of dishes every day.  

B.  The Pregnant Lady.  That'd be me.  This go around the third trimester is being exceedingly painful.  While I still swell quite easily, I am drinking tons of water everyday to mitigate this, but it means I have to change positions all the time...so I can no longer stand in front of the sink for long periods of time doing dishes. 

C.  Did I mention how much pain I am in this time?  Heartburn and swelling I was prepared for, severe pain elsewhere?  News to me!  My pelvis is sore like I have been riding a horse.  Or like I have already given birth...which I have not. Putting on pants has become interesting.  Riding or driving in a car is no longer relaxing. 

D.  My fun trip to the hospital.  I have experienced what is called round ligament pain.  It is no walk in the park.  Basically my body is falling apart.  Or so it feels.  Luckily I haven't had any pain attacks lately and I am hoping it stays this way!  

All of the above warrants our use of paper and plastics.  I still feel a little guilty every time we throw something away, but the joy of not having to do massive amounts of dishes by hand is totally worth it. 

2 comments:

jkzank said...

SO worth it! I probably would have done this before the excuse of the third trimester. I'm so excited to meet baby girl! And for your pregnancy pain to go away.

Anjeanette said...

Oh Erika! I am so sorry you are in pain. But very soon, your favorite, most awesome sister is going to be there to help you feel better! I can't wait! Er, except I'm not a fan of handwashing everything either. I think you may be onto something!