Friday, October 12, 2012

Preschool Field Trip - Firestation

Today our preschool group went on a field trip to a nearby firestation. It was more fascinating than I thought it would be. We moms all learned the difference between a fire truck and a fire engine. I didn't even know there was a difference. The firemen taught the kids about fire safety and emphasized to the kids that firemen are not scary, and if you see them in your house to give them a big hug. Genius! I took several pictures, and my phone freaked out for the group photo. Sweet.

3 comments:

Anjeanette said...

So cute! I love his expressions! Were there any hot Firefighters? That's always the best part of visiting the Fire Stations;)

erika said...

There were only like three firemen there because the others were at a call. So, no hot ones.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Yeah, I bet all the Mom's were intently listening! Actually we had the firefighters visit us when I was student teaching Kindergarten. They are so smart in the things they teach the children. I also had not thought about children needing not to be afraid of the firefighters when they came through. Ours suited up, so the students would not be shocked by how they looked with all the uniform and equipment on! So brilliant! I LOVE these pictures of Stephen!