Monday, October 22, 2012

Stephen's 34rd Birthday

For Stephen's birthday we threw a root beer tasting party. Root beer is Stephen's favorite drink so we thought this was a perfect idea. We had it in our tiny house. It was chaotic and messy and tons of fun!

Stephen searched high and low to find as many different kinds of root beer as he could. Some fun ones include Brigham's Brew which featured a photo of Brigham Young, and some from local breweries.

The night before the party I counted 80 bottles and 30 different brands of root beer. Hearing that put Stephen on a quest to find 4 more, giving us 34 to try on his 34th. We ended up with 38. I didn't even imagine there would be that many!

I took pictures of our fridge full of root beer, the spill out on our stairs, and the growler's from the local breweries. There is also a picture of the aftermath. Now we still have a fridge full of root beer, if anyone wants some come on by, Please!

Now on to the taste winners. I think everyone was surprised at how gross most of the root beers are. Maybe our palates just aren't as developed, but we tasted a lot that we deemed disgusting. The favorite was Henry Weinhart, which is available at many grocery stores. Also delicious are Virgil's, Howie's, and the local Hire's. The worst? Krisda. We decide that root beers with agave nectar were extremely nasty. The best non-high fructose corn syrup root beer is Blue Sky. Although I suggest only drinking a little.


3 comments:

jkzank said...

Oh wish we coulda been there but it looks like you had lots of fun! I can't believe you had 38 different kinds of root beer, that's insane!

Paige said...

Holy cow! That's a lotta rootbeer! Pretty good idea though...

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I have always wanted to do a rootbeer tasting. Sounds like fun!