I must start off this enty with a caution. *This entry contains pictures that may be unsuitable to those suffering from Suriphobia.* That being said, here is a semi-weekly update.
On Sunday I was still in bed while Stephen was up and about. I could hear that he was doing something in the kitchen, and then I heard him scream. I have come to dread Stephen's screams because I know what they mean. So, I walked into the kitchen to find this little guy on our rug in front of the sink.

Apparently Stephen was reaching under the sink to grab the diswashing detergent and this fellow happened to come with. He was in the process of dying from eating the poison (yay it works!) and just happened to spend some of his time dying on our kitchen rug. He was essentially paralyzed, so he couldn't move or run away. Stephen was the brave one who took him outside. Once we were convinced he was actually dead, it was my job to dispose of the body. Since when did dead animals become my job?!? Actually, would you believe that I volunteered for the job? I figured since Stephen had taken him outside while he was alive I could deal with him while he was dead. I just hope we don't find any more.
The next two pictures are of my darling husband. I guess their planning office has a siren and radio for them to take out when they are on "official planning business". Haha. Things are definitely more different here in Texas.


I hope this satisfies Stephen's wish to be an undercover police officer. That is one of the jobs I refuse to let him have. I can't imagine having him be in harms way almost daily, and I am thankful for those who are in such positions so that my family does not have to be. If only there were something that could steer him away from high risk photography!
5 comments:
Don't quite know what to say about the picture of the dying mouse/rat/nisse....disturbing. How exactly does one dispose of such things? Garbage can? I guess you can't flush it....love the light and radio. Also, are we going to get a new headliner for each new post? I love it!!!
I sooo love you! You crack me up sweet sister. This is so gross. I can't believe you took a picture of a dying nisse! Blech! Wait, who got the P and who got the D? Aren't those the letters that you designated?
I'm totally loving the header. You need to tell me how you do that! I want to know now!!
Stephen is hilarious. Maybe you can get a light for your bedroom too. The little cb/walkie talkie thing...maybe not.
Well, I got the "D's" which I presume included Dead animals. But I guess he gets Photographing animals? Stephen designed the headers for me and himself using photoshop and he plans to change them each month. It's fun because I don't see them until he puts them up.
I want to know how he does it, too!!
Oh yeah, Stephen makes the header by using photoshop and then adding it into the blog. If you want more specifics, call him because I really wouldn't know :) Hope that helps
Post a Comment