I figured it was about time that I should lead the rest of the world through a tour of our house. Maybe one day our internet friends will be able to see the outside of our house as well. Maybe.
After much deliberation it has been decided upon that the captions will go BELOW each picture. Enjoy the tour!

This is our front room (the door is just to the left), and the massive entertainment set that Stephen bought from Ikea. When we first moved into our apartment this set took up the majority of the front room, in fact there really wasn't room for much else but after MUCH finagling we kinda got it to work. Even in our rental home it is still ginormous! Hopefully one day our home will be big enough to comfortably home the entertainment center.

Now we are moving right into more of the front room. This is the view we are lucky enough to see every day. Even though we live in the city, our view is of pretty greenness! You can also see the ceiling beams which I really like. Yes it is true, we only have a love sac in our front room. This always makes for great awkwardness when the visiting teachers come.

Continue moving right and you will see our fireplace!!! LOVE IT! We will actually get to use it in the winter-time, hooray! I do love the mantle and can't wait to hang our stockings from it!

Now onto the formal dining room/our offices. Of course I had to take a shot of my side which is always a complete disaster. I still have boxes full of craft items that need to go somewhere. You can also see through into our kitchen which is where we will be headed next.

This is our kitchen as viewed from the front room/formal dining room/offices/visitor's entrance/passersby. There is sooo much cabinet space! I really would have liked more counter space but the cabinets make up for it. The big black object is OUR refrigerator. Shopping for them was quite the experience but I love our refrigerator! Of course I didn't get a good picture of the cabinets, but to the right of the picture both in front of the frig (towards the camera) and also near the door are two built-in cabinet units where I store everything! I love having the extra cabinet space because then I don't have to use any of the uppermost shelves which I can't reach anyway. It does drive Stephen a little nuts, but he doesn't like seeing the alternative which is me climbing on top of the counters to reach the top shelves. Notice the ugly green paint/the border around the ceiling. Yuck!

We have now moved through the kitchen towards the back door and are looking back at our little kitchen table. This thing was perfect in our tiny apartment, but now seems a little dwarfed in our house. I guess it is to offset the entertainment center! We decided to repaint this area (it was the same yucky green and while Stephen was terrified of going too dark, in retrospect we wish the color was a few shades darker.

Next we will se the interesting situation that is our house. This is the kitchen back door which opens up to a small room and the laundry room to the right. The screen door does not lock, only the door that is open does which kinda worries me because essentially our laundry is out in the open for anyone to take! Not that it has happened, but because it COULD happen I worry.

Here is our laundry room (I am standing between the screen door and the kitchen back door). The laundry room is tiny and smells like cats. Luckily we were able to get a stackable unit. I love it and couldn't imagine squeezing in here with a side-by-side washer and dryer.

This is what happens when I try to open or close the laundry room door. Our water heater is in such a position that the door won't open properly. I used to have to push the water heater back and push the door open at the same time using all of my weight to get it open. Thankfully Stephen moved the water heater back a little, but the door still gets stuck on the water heater. I love the sticker telling me it's dangerous, this is actually where I used to put my hand to push the water heater, what other choice do I have?

Out here you will find many homes with apartments out back. I think it's kinda weird, but hopefully we will have some nice people renting it out!

We will conclude this tour with this little picture. This is our view out the back screen door. We have a little bit of grass, a pecan tree and a shed to the left that houses our wasps. There is a dumpster right out back and I love our little gateway entrance, although it is a litte awkward to be walking right next to the apartment!
Oh yes, this tour does not contain the bedrooms or bathroom, that tour has been postponed until a later date.
5 comments:
Oh Erika, I love your place!! Finally some pictures. The fireplace is awesome!! I'm totally laughing about your entertainment center. Men and their toys. Ha ha.
Why don't you like the light green in your kitchen? We are thinking of painting light green in ours. Quick, tell me why.
The only reason we don't like the light green is that we wish it were darker. The rest of our house is painted in somewhat bold colors, and we could have gone a few shades darker to maintain that look. But we like it enough to leave it the way it is!
I say you can never go dark enough! To me, lighter is just blah. I also wanted green (in one of my many homes) and it's true that the 3rd time is the charm. I painted a light shade because I was afraid to go too dark. Didn't love it. So, I repainted a tad darker, still didn't love it and by the 3rd shade...loved it! Now I've had quite dark green walls, quite dark red walls, darker browns, and LOVE LOVE LOVED them! I really like the bolder colors. I'm so glad Stephen likes to go for it as well.
Your house looks way cute!!!! I miss you lots but it looks like y'all are doing good in texas!!!!!
I love your house! It's soooo cute. And the greenery? WOW!
Oh and I'm so glad I found your blog! Hope Texas is great for ya :)
Post a Comment