Saturday started out like any other day for us. I was assuming that since we went to Oklahoma City on Thursday Stephen wouldn't have planned an adventure for us, but I was happily mistaken. First we went out to ride our bikes around town. Of course we had to go to the falls.

Near the falls is this gorgeous bridge, actually along the trail that we took we rode over many bridges and saw the most beautiful landscapes.

Like this one. We rode along the Wichita River and loved the surroundings.

It was quite a long ride and the start-ups and stoppings really started to irritate my foot. Having run out of water and not eating breakfast that morning made things ridiculously awful. By the time we got back up to the downtown I was feeling so yucky and I knew I needed to stop. I felt so bad but I had overheated and was hungry and my body essentially shut down. So we went to the hospital. Actually it was the nearest building with air conditioning and free water. We rested in the lobby and Stephen volunteered to ride home and to come back with the car. He came back and got me and we joked how funny/awful it sounded to say that we went on a bike ride and I ended up in the hospital where Stephen had to come and get me later. haha. That's what happened, it just wasn't as bad as it sounds. We were only in the hospital lobby and not in a room being treated.

After we both cooled down we decided that the day wasn't through yet. So we hit the library (I think it's my second home) to drop off a few books and then went to check out the train park. It would have been more enjoyable had it not been the hottest part of the day.

Stephen loved this little jeep and stole my camera to take TONS of pictures.

Well actually I took the next one.

It was really neat to be able to go through the trains.



Here's the dining car.


And the Pullman sleeper.


And of course someone had to be the engineer.

We had a blast at the park but it was shutting down and we weren't able to see all the trains, we will definitely have to go back when it isn't so hot!
2 comments:
You and your little hospital comment...you are a dork. But Stephen is a bigger dork. Check out that picture with him in the Jeep. Hilarious. You should get that framed. My boys would have FREAKED to have gone to see those trains. And you got to go in them...awesome!! You rock!
This is my idea of the perfect day! Those are my favorite kind of days. A little workout, riding through beautiful landscapes, and some adventure! Truly awesome. I also love the old trains!
Post a Comment