I went grocery shopping and found some amazing pumpkins. I'm used to the normal variety and was surprised/excited to find these exotic ones. First up we have the Cinderella Pumpkins. There more red/orange and are very fat and squatty. So why are they called Cinderella? I'm sure that neither she or her coach were fat and squatty.

Next we have Fairytale Pumpkins. Apparently greenish pumpkins that looked like they've been frosted are deemed romantic enough to be in a Fairytale. They are kinda magical looking.

And finally our assortment of miscellaneous gourds. I'm not actually sure what the sign says on this one. My two favorites have the be the brown bubbly looking one in front of the sign and the huge green one with the curved elongated neck. For some reason it reminds me of a swan.
3 comments:
I believe that your Swan gourd is called a birdhouse gourd. People often dry them out and then make birdhouses out of them. There is a whole process that if not done right you will get a mouldy gourd. My Dad tried it once. Some of the ones people have made have great carvings and designs all over them.
By the way I love your discriptions.
I just love squash! They are so much fun! It is amazing to see the wide variety. That is certainly a much bigger selection then I've seen here!
I love those pumpkins. The second ones are my faves. I do see a swan in the last one too;)
Post a Comment