Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Stephen's Birthday recap

For Stephen's birthday we drove down to Dallas which is about two hours away. We got down there and made sure we hit a Panda Express first thing. And I don't have a picture to prove it. There is no Panda Express any closer to us and Stephen misses it like no other. He really wants to try and get a Panda Express in town.
After Panda we saw a Target in the same area and so we went to buy his birthday present.
He is always waking up in the morning from headaches from our pillows and I knew I could never pick out one that would suit him so I let him choose one for himself. After looking at all the normal pillows and deciding they were too flat, Stephen went with a non-traditional arm-chair pillow. It was funny watching him try them all out and the above picture is of the winner.
Coming out of Target we happened to see this semi truck with a container full of flowers. It's sorta hard to see and for some reason was hilarious to us.
The real reason for the trip to Dallas was for Stephen to buy a new graphics card for his computer. (Actually I'm not really sure what we got but that sounds about right.) There aren't many electronics stores in town and Dallas not only has the closest Panda Express but they also have the closest Fry's Electronics. Apparently Fry's Electronics does not like it when people take pictures in store and so I don't have any documentation of the HOURS that were spent here. You know, I always have felt pretty computer savvy until I walk into a place like that and hear all the different pricey gadgets and gizmos that you can (and should) spend to place into your computer. I like things extremely user-friendly. Stephen at one point was asking for my opinion and while I am interested, I have no idea what he and the sales clerk were talking about. It sounded like alphabet soup to me and so I went with the prettier box. I'm sure that was a ton of help.
When we got home there was a package waiting for Stephen. It looked kinda funny because the address had been blacked out so many times, but I'm glad it arrived safely ;)
What could it be but a microwaveable single serving of cake! How marvelous. Thank you Pollyanna (and mom too who happened to send one earlier in her package).
We had half of a cake already from something else and so I decided to make the microwaveable one for Stephen.
I wasn't really thinking and put the candles into the cake right when it came out of the microwave and when we pulled them out they looked like this.
They did not look like this when they went in! The cake actually melted the wax and so Stephen had to be careful and only eat where the wax wasn't. Oops.



3 comments:

soccermom said...

Thanks for the update! I always love hearing what you guys are up to!!

Anjeanette said...

Oh this is hilarious. You are so funny. I love the way you spin your words and wit into something wonderful for the reader. Can you be my ghost writer for my blog and make what I want to write funny? Seriously chick, you rock. Stephen cracks me up too. I love that you melted the candles. That is funny and a little icky;)

I hope Stephen had a nice birthday. And tell him thanks for the nice comment on my blog too, ok?

Loves

Karen said...

Well, I'm gald he had sucha great day and he finally got a pillow he liked. i remember going into thoes stores with him, you feel...at least I felt like I was supposed to know about everything in there and if I didn't I was an idiot. Goodness we used to spend a lot of time in thoes kind of stores. Sometimes I thought, if he was allowed, he would move in.