So Pollyanna had this on her blog and I thought it was cute so I'm giving it a shot.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Wow. I love them both so much it's ridiculous. I was actually going to devote a whole posting to the wonderfulness that is Hot Chocolate now that we have our Hot Chocolate maker (it's a Christmas present). It is heavenly to be able to whip up a huge batch and drink it throughout the day. Egg Nog is amazing. But I can't drink it straight, it has to be mixed with milk to thin it out.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? What kind of a question is this? They are absolutely wrapped and set under the tree. Also, as I learned from a sister, he uses a different kind of wrapping paper than the family. His own tags too.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? For the house, only white. I've seen too many houses that use colored lights that just make me want to gag. For the tree, anything goes. However, I've never actually decorated my own house for Christmas, but I help with Mom and Dad's where I have voiced my opinion.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? If I could find it...any suggestions?
5. When do you put your decorations up? Well, at my parents' house I used to help decorate the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Excluding dessert?? Aren't all holiday dishes desserts? Oh yeah, it would have to be tamales from my parent's neighbors.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Too many to recall, they involve baking, decorating, wrapping, shopping all while listening to Christmas music with various family members.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was pretty young. I've always enjoyed helping to wrap the presents and I remember one year I was wrapping with my dad and I think he forgot that I could read because on the tag he clearly wrote "From: Santa". That pretty much blew the mystery.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? With my family we open up our stockings together on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well, our Christmas trees are tiny, one is two feet tall and the other is under a foot so we just display them the way they are. It is a tradition to buy a Christmas ornament for each other that represents our last year together. Except that I buy two because I'm indecisive.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love the idea, dread driving through it.
12. Can you ice skate? Absolutely!! Love skating!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember a toy car garage that I absolutely adored, an American Girl one year, and my Ipod two years ago.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family
15. Dessert? Didn't I mention that I have 28 pages of cookie recipes that I am dying to try?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love baking goodies to then send out, watching Christmas movies together, and wrapping presents (especially all the stocking stuffers). I love our family tradition of stockings.
17. What tops your tree? Nothing is on ours.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. And I love watching all the nieces and nephews open their gifts, partially to see their reactions and partially to know what I get to play with!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love Last Christmas, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and O Come, O Come Emmanuel. But I've given in to the Miller ways and now I listen to Christmas music starting in August. It's a curse I tell you.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Delicious! And using them to stir your Hot Chocolate is the only way to go!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago

3 comments:
You can get one of those angels that you plug into the light set to top your little tree. That is what we did. Instead of hanging it from the string it had I just put it on top. Michaels has some star toppers that are mini versions of the ones for full size trees and a ton of mini ornaments for cheap.
Love all your little comments. Keep them coming Erika.
Oh my dear, don't make the mistake with wrapping paper! Don't use wrapping paper for gifts from Santa! It will get you messed up. Much easier to say all gifts from Santa, arrive unwrapped! My Super friend does it this way and it's so much easier! Otherwise you will have to buy a roll of wrapping paper just for presents from Santa, and then you have to chuck it because if you keep it, you must keep it hidden (trust me, that's REALLY hard to do). And if you ever use it for anything other than gifts from Santa, your kids may catch you (mine would totally catch me on this, and I have had certain "incidences". Not good!).
Ooh I love your Meme!! It is fun to see that you are so much like me.
Post a Comment