He immediately jumped up threw on some clothes (shorts and a short-sleeved shirt with no jacket) and ran outside to help.
I groggily put on some shoes and a jacket and grabbed some essentials; the house keys, my cell-phone, and of course my camera. Apparently it wasn't a house that was on fire but it was a backyard shed. I've drawn a diagram to help illustrate where it was. (Yes I used Paint, I'm on my laptop and that's all I've got) So the bold line at the top and the one running down the middle are the roads we live on, the rectangle buildings are houses, with our house and the back apartment labeled, our bedroom window is in red, and the area where the fire was at is in yellow. Our next door neighbors have an apartment in the back as well. Which is pretty common here. I stayed on our block to stay out of the way of the firemen (who showed up after us). 
So here's the fire from my position on the other side of the road (I'm where the blue line is in the diagram).

So here's the fire from my position on the other side of the road (I'm where the blue line is in the diagram).
The picture isn't that clear but there's my husband already armed with a hose spraying the house roof to make sure that it doesn't catch on fire as well. And he did a mighty darn good job because the roof never caught on fire. Oh, so that my diagram may help you out, he's standing where the purple line is. Well, the diagram certainly helps me ;) Alright so next we have a picture of the road where all the cars and emergency vehicles are.
I finally got brave enough to cross the street and take a picture by where Stephen was. At this point I think the fire was mostly under control, there was a small shed that the firefighters were working on and a huge tree kept lighting up, but nothing else caught on fire. Stephen is to the left.

1 comment:
I, too, LOVE image stabilizer!! I shake on a normal day! I'm glad Stephen was out there helping. It is a shame others were not helping as well. Most of all, I'm glad you guys were ok!!
Post a Comment