Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ebony

I must warn you that this post is probably my longest because of the multitude of pictures I am about to show. Now these aren't pictures of Texas, or my husband, or myself, no no, these are pictures of the baby kitten we had living with us. Some may find it hard to understand that while we are in the midst of cleaning our house to get rid of the cat smell and hair, we took it upon ourselves to adopt a baby kitten. Am I allergic to cats? Absolutely. Am I holding a kitten in some of these pictures? You better believe it. Goodness.
So we were leaving our house to go shopping when I looked down by my car and saw this thing crawling out from underneath it. I thought it was a rat at first, but was surprised to see how small it was. After calling Stephen over we realized it was a baby kitten. This picture was taken right where we found her, she was sooo tiny!!
Here are some with Stephen and me holding her.









It was a really hard decision for us to keep her, but we decided to and bought her food and a bottle so she wouldn't starve. We read up on baby kittens and it was quite discouraging because we were informed that even under the best care, if a baby kitten is not with another cat to mother it, they will probably die, but we decided to give it our best shot anyway. We had her for about a week and became quite attached. I even gave her a name, Ebony. That Sunday we came back from church and Stephen knew something wasn't right. I assured him from my massive amounts of knowledge on animals that this was normal for baby kittens, but a few hours later we found she had died. It was definitely fun to have an animal in the house especially since I always wanted a pet to play with when I was younger. The whole week was hard as I was fighting my allergies, I would have to wash my hands and arms immediately after feeding and playing with her and most likely would have to sit down and wait until my lungs cleared up. I am glad that we were able to take care of her even for such a short time.


1 comment:

soccermom said...

The kitty is sooo tiny! My little one is so sad she died! Of course I had to show my kiddos and so there were lots of questions. One comment was, of course, why couldn't we get her from you and take care of her. I take care of children, not animals! =)