While living in the apartments, Stephen and I were often awakened by the guy above us playing loud rock music at all hours of the day(and night). We were so excited to get out of the apartments and into a home where we would only hear the lovely music that nature would provide for us.
So tonight Stephen and I were just enjoying the lovely music coming from nature. Most people love to hear birds chirping, or the trees rustling in the wind. Is that what we listened to? Not a chance!!
Our music of choice?
The rats scurrying above us in the attic. Well, I guess you could say it is chosen for us. Definitely not what I want to be hearing. And if that gets old or monotonous, we get to listen to the cries of the rats in the crawl space beneath us in the kitchen. Lucky us.
We first heard the crying and thought it was either a cat or a bird, but we couldn't understand because it sounded like it was coming from INSIDE the house. Weird I thought, but probably just a bird close to the window. Then the other day I was washing dishes in the kitchen sink and heard it again. It seemed to be coming from below me near where the table and window are. Upon further examination outside we found an opening for the crawl space and we both assumed that cats were living underneath the house because we see them outside all the time. Upon further realization we both came to the conclusion that not only are rats living above us, they are living below us as well.
It's kinda ironic because we were so excited to be out of the apartments and live in a house with no one above or below us to blast their awful music and wake us up, but with our new neighbors I realize the human ones weren't so bad.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago

1 comment:
Eeeeeeeeeeek!!! Oh my GOSH! Yuck. Call and exterminator and have them blow the whole place up...I mean run the rats out. Can you call them mice? Maybe that wouldn't sound as bad. They are smaller and cuter than rats, aren't they. Let's just call them Nisse and then they become something sweet that are looking out for you. Yes, I think you should call them Nisse.
Enjoy!! Oh and please know there is no need to take pictures of your little Nisse in your attic or crawl space;)
Loves
Post a Comment