Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday J!

So my family is a little funny. My sisters really don't like me to post the names of their family members online. That's fine for Pollyanna who has given all of her family suitable online names, but for the rest I just have to come up with names on my own. And I'm not that creative. So my oldest nephew is now J. What does that J stand for? You'll never know.

Anyway, on to the stories. J's birthday was on the 7th. I called him up to wish him a Happy Birthday and I couldn't believe it when he came on the phone! He just turned 13 and I guess this summer he has grown out of his clothes and out of his voice!! I was soo bummed that I missed it!!! So I asked him what it was like to have your voice change, since I never experienced that. He really didn't want to talk to me that much so I had to keep badgering him with questions. Do you sound different in your head now? Do you now feel like a man? Did it hurt?
Well I hope I didn't embarrass him too much!!

J and I have always had a special connection. When I was five my mom found out she was pregnant again and I was soooo super excited to finally be a big sister!! Due to the multiple complications that surrounded this new child, my baby brother died when he was several hours old. I was five at the time and too young to really understand all that was happening. What I do remember is finding out my oldest sister was pregnant at the time (really several years later) and thinking that if I couldn't have a younger brother, at least I would have a younger nephew. I LOVED being an aunt! I remember taking him for walks in his stroller around the block to proudly proclaim that he was MY nephew! I remember helping him to walk when he was young and playing tons of games with him. He and his younger brother became like brothers to me.
When Stephen and I found out we were moving to Texas I was scared to tell my family because I didn't want to hurt any of them with this news. I could just imagine my mom and sisters crying (because we cry all the time) and I didn't want that to happen. Surprisingly my mom and sisters actually were quite excited for us and it made me feel so much better. We were over at Soccermom's house and I was quite relieved only to find out that J had left the room. J was the one who was hurt the most and had to leave the room because he was crying! Boy did that do me in. If my mom and sisters had cried I would have been fine, but for J to cry, I just couldn't handle that.
I miss you J and love you tons!
Hope your birthday was wonderful, you're officially a teenager now! Woohoo! Only three more years until you're driving, CONGRATS! I love this picture, he actually made his spear go through the circle at the Renaissance Festival and was knighted!!


Although if you could keep your hair trimmed that would be much appreciated!

2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Aaak how did I miss your update on your blog? I think to myself every day how great it would be for you to update your blog. Somehow I missed this. Anyway, this is a sweet post of *J*

He and *Z* are like your brothers.

Very sweet!

soccermom said...

This is such a sweet post! The boys were so bothered by your move, and that was quite sweet, I thought. You have always been a part of their daily lives, and you guys are more like brothers and sister! Love the pictures you posted! I'll have to call you and give you more info on this growing boy/teenager/man/guy!!