Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Movies

So Stephen and I got rid of our cable services and sadly we can no longer Tivo all our favorite shows and movies to watch later at a more convenient time. In fact we can no longer watch many of our favorite shows at all. Before the olympics started and seemed to take over our lives, we were addicted to watching movies.

Stephen has an interesting movie collection of films that I have never seen before. One of the movies we watched from his collection was "The Man Who Knew Too Little." Now I realize that my parents have owned this movie but I had never seen it before and I LOVED it! In fact, Stephen was the one who dozed through this movie!

Aside from his extensive (read limited) collection, I love to rent movies from Redbox. When I was in Tempe, Roxie and Diana got me hooked on the wonders of Redbox. Dollar movie rentals? Seriously what could be better?

Only the library!! I had never checked out movies before but the last time I went to the library I perused their movie section and was pleased to find "Meet Me in St. Louis" and "The Maltese Falcon". "Meet Me in St. Louis" was probably my favorite movie for the longest time ever and it was fun to watch it with Stephen and to laugh at some of the ridiculous outfits. Again, I know that mom and dad own "The Maltese Falcon" and that it's one of Dad's favorite movies, but I had never seen it. Shame on me. I really like this one as well, what's better than a mystery movie I haven't seen? Not much.

Now we don't only watch older movies, from Redbox we have seen many more recent films such as "The Spiderwick Chronicles" which was pretty cute, "Nim's Island", and "Nancy Drew" which was probably my favorite.

Redbox is currently having a special where you can rent free movies on Wednesdays with the code they give you online, needless to say I'm anxious to try this out tonight!

2 comments:

soccermom said...

I totally remember you loving "Meet Me in St. Louis"! That was so fun! Of course, who doesn't love that one. I was thinking about "Summer Magic" today! I love the song, "The Ugly Bug Ball"! Truly fantastic! Old movies are the best! Can't tell we grew up in the same house, can ya?!

Anjeanette said...

I think I have a movie or two of the folks. Meet me in St Louis may be one of them. It always reminds me of you and that I adore.

We like redbox too. Well the idea anyway. It is like the library for us. We end up still paying more 'cause we can't seem to get everything back on time.