Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thankful

During the month of November I want to list what I am thankful for. Many times I get so busy that I forget to realize how great I have it. With Thanksgiving coming up this will be the perfect time to make a list so I can come back to it and remember how lucky I really am.

1. Being Pregnant. While our plans didn't include me being pregnant right now (or anytime soon really), I'm happy that it happened this way. I am so thankful that I am not in school right now and that my husband's job can provide enough for us so that I can stay home and feel yucky. I'm also thrilled to find out that I can have kids. I always wondered if I would be able to and while I would prefer a pregnancy that's not as hard, I'm thankful for the one that I have. And on that note...

2. My next sonogram appointment. Even if the reason I'm getting it is because I have "insufficient weight gain"(you try being sick and see how much weight YOU gain!) I am soooo excited to be able to see our baby again. And I'm thankful that I have been getting less sick and am gaining the weight back, I guess it's just not happening fast enough. I'm even thankful that now I have an excuse to eat all of the leftover Halloween candy that we have and not feel guilty about it...it's for the baby right?!

3. Our refrigerator. I'm mostly thankful for our ice maker and the filtered water dispenser which meant we could stop buying bottled water. Even if it takes hours to fill up a glass, I'm glad that we can. 4. Blogs. Now that I'm pregnant I find I miss my family more than I thought I would and I love that I can feel included in their lives just by reading their blogs. Sometimes I'll read the same posts multiple times in a day just because I love the pictures or something they said.

5. Family. I am thankful for a family who sends us mail all the time. We LOVE getting the packages and I can't tell you guys how loved Stephen felt after getting all the cardS from my family for his birthday!

6. Clothing. I am thankful that I used to have on again off again clothing issues and would buy pants that were too big for me thinking I just didn't want them to be TOOOO tight. Now I have clothes I can wear during this interesting time where I don't fit into my normal clothes and maternity clothes would drown me.

7. I am thankful for a husband who will cook and clean when I'm too sick and yucky to even think about it. Even if he doesn't do the dishes the way I would, I'm just happy that he will see the need and do them.
8. I am so thankful that I get to go visit my family for Christmas. I will be there for almost a month and I cannot wait!!
9. I am thankful for a husband who loves to serve others. He gets so excited to help others and loves to volunteer to do so. Today he left pretty early this morning and has been gone all day helping a family in our ward move. I love that he wants to share his talents with others!
10. Lastly I am certainly thankful for our cheap gas prices. I took this picture while I was at Sam's Club today. I'm telling you, ya'll should move out here...our gas is BELOW two dollars!! Can you believe it?!



5 comments:

Kat said...

Your so cute!

I know what you mean about being pregnant and being far from family. It really isn't any different than the feeling of being a stay-at-home mom with no family close by. I really need to find other mother's like me to get together with. I suggest you do the same. Try finding a "moms" group in your area. Ours was tucsonmoms.com. I think you can google "mommy and me groups". They have the groups according to where you live and when the baby is born. Though I suppose you will have a bit of that through church already? It will help because you will all be going through some of the same things at the same time and you can compair notes. Just remember that boys and girls do not do things at the same time or the same rate. Both will do something that they other does not. So when compairing notes with another mom be sure to factor that in. At any rate you have many sisters who will always talk your ear off about baby/toddler/kid things. It also helps us to revisit those early days. I can still feel their tops of their newborn heads as I rubbed my cheek over them. It is like losing an arm and still getting an itch. You scratch it even though the arm isn't there and feel relief. I recall the feeling and feel at peace.

Anjeanette said...

Oh Erika, I love to read what you write. You are a great writer. That is something I wish I was. I get all excited and proud to read your posts. You act like you don't have anything to post about, but you are so much more interesting than you realize. Remember that you are years younger than us (siblings). We are in different places in our lives and it is so fun for me (at least) to remember when we were in the same place. This is so sweet to hear your Thankfuls!! I told SS about the gas thing. The picture is just insulting to us who are paying much more...I'm going to have to show him your blog to see for himself;)

I'm thankful that you are pregnant too. I know you are going to make beautiful babies...it's in the genes;) I'm sorry it has been rough and I really hope it gets better soon and stays that way.

Love you!! Miss you too!! Oh yes, the best thankful is that we will see you in a month!!!

Anjeanette said...

Ooh I just read Kat's comment. I also think you should find a Mom's group. I suggest La Leche group 'cause they will rock your world if you are nursing. It is strange and uncomfortable trying to nurse and it is sooooo important to find other mothers to help you through your venture into new motherhood. Since we aren't close by, I strongly suggest you find a Mom's group of some sort.

soccermom said...

I also appreciated your thankful list. I go over my own thankful list, in my head, all the time! It is very hard being away from family while you are pregnant. But you know you can always come to many people for advice and stuff (since we've all been there and done that and all had very different experiences)! I ditto what Kat and Pollyanna both said. I love reading your blogs and think you have much more to write about then you think you do. We all do love to think about the times that we are already through. Having your first baby is such an exciting time of your life. We are all more then happy to obsess about it with you (as we all did with ours!). We all can't wait to see you at Christmas, too. I think Mom is going to make herself sick with how excited she is!! =) She can't wait to have her Flower back and talks and plans for it all the time! You'll have to pace yourself with all the plans we have for you!!

Gas! My jaw hit the floor when I saw that picture. I was quite happy with our own gas prices (I have once now even seen $2.59!!). But now I totally want yours! Wowza!

Zank said...

I love that Erika appreciates everything that I try and do for her. I have to manage my time wisely but I am thrilled to have her in my life and to be able to take care of her. Although the gas prices are so low, we really don't drive as much as we used to do so we use less gas anyway. Just remember to fill up the tank in the morning when it is the coldest because you will get more gas in your tank. It expands when the temperature rises.