Every year my family has a Halloween party and we always eat the same things. So right around Halloween time I start to really want those foods we eat every year. Things are different now that we're not near family but I still wanted to carry on some of the traditions. Also having a husband who didn't grow up with the same traditions makes me have to modify them a bit to fit our tastes. When I told Stephen about the Dinner in a Pumpkin he didn't sound too impressed that it is actually cooked inside a pumpkin. So I cleverly told him that it was just a rice casserole and I made some spaghetti squash to eat along with it (for me- he doesn't do squash or zucchini). I was surprised at how much he actually like the Dinner in a Pumpkin...ahem...I mean rice casserole... and he even had some spaghetti squash along side it!! He said that for some reason having it cooked inside a pumpkin was gross but eating separately was fine.
Here I am with my plate and I'm wearing the apron that Pollyanna made for me, thanks Pollyanna!!

Here's a closer version, I added carrots to hopefully make it look more appealing. Honestly it doesn't look that great but MAN does it taste good! Stephen had seconds(which took up the whole plate) and ate all the leftovers for lunch the next day. Delish!!
3 comments:
Oh I love you!!
I guess we all celebrated Halloween together in that way. We all had Dinner-in-a-pumpkin (sort of). ;)
I LOVE the dinner-in-a-pumpkin!!! So, glad you joined in! I never used to actually eat the pumpkin with it, but I do now-and I love it! It does look yucky-I've got to agree! But oh so delish! Love your apron, too! You look great in it!
Post a Comment