I was talking to my visiting teacher on Sunday and she was giving me the lowdown on our hospitals here. She had given birth to their first boy right before Thanksgiving and I remember her being soo terrified of giving birth. Sunday was the first day I saw her and she came right up to me and one of the first things out of her mouth was that giving birth really wasn't all that bad, and honestly she could have done it again right away! She was so shocked to be saying that, but just went on and on to tell me about how great the hospital was (which is fantastic to hear! Apparently we get our own room there...YES!!). Her son is almost two months old which is how old our son will be when we move so it was nice to see and hold what that age feels like.
Oh yeah, her birth story is quite funny actually. She went down to Dallas to pick up her parents from the airport and while she was getting them her water broke! They drove her back up here where she delivered and felt much safer. I just can't imagine sitting in the back seat of the car for about an hour and a half knowing that you're rushing to the hospital!

2 comments:
I'm glad they've made that drink taste better! Yuck that stuff used to be so awful! Hopefully you will have the easy(ish) labors that the rest of the sisters have had! Seriously my most favorite thing in the world to do (be in labor)! NOTHING beats that for excitement and importance! Glad your friend was able to give you the details. I am also glad the hospital sounds good! I would not want to share a room either (thankfully neither of the 2 hospitals I delivered at made me share a room!).
I never minded the drink. Was like orange soda to me. I think there is another orange version that must be a bit different. Then again if you don't like soda or orange soda you wouldn't like the drink. I remember being worried about it because Angi hated it and said she had a hard time keeping it down. Thinking back, she does not like soda and I don't think she would like orange soda even more. Also, by the way some people talk about it, it sounds like you have to drink a half gallon of it. Really it is like the soda's that come in a bottle (singe serving size).
Delivery is an experience that is unique every time. Some things are the same and some things are different. Each person has their own experience. Try not to get too scared by all our birth stories. The thing to remember is relax. Have a plan in place. Like checking with the nurse about an epidural. You will want to find out, long before you want it, how many people are on the waiting list and if there is a C section sceduled (because it will add something like a 40 minute wait for you). It is completely ok to go in thinking you would like to go with out it and change your mind later. Trust me you need to know how long it will be before you can get one before you even need it. Meds through the IV didn't help me at all so I would say don't bother with them.
Chances are you weight gain over the next month won't be so dramatic. I always had a visit where I gained much more than any other time. Then I would not gain any or very little the next time.
I so wish we could be closer to you during this exciting time. I am very sad that we aren't right there with you the whole way. This time, some one is pregnant and I don't have a new baby to content me with. Seriously, cherish this time because it is so short. You may not feel that way now and by the last month you will probably want it to be over just as much or more as you want it to continue.
Post a Comment