As I had posted before, we grew carrots in our garden. Because I had never done that before, I didn't really heed the warnings I had been given, and I planted them all at once, so of course, they all were ready to be eaten at the same time. Also, I (read "we"...correction, read "Stephen") planted the seeds outrageously close together because we A.) lacked the space for everything we wanted to plant B.) had ridiculous amounts of carrot seeds, and C.) knew that we could just thin them out as they grew. Unfortunately when it came time to thin the carrots, I found that I didn't like ripping up plants only to toss them. While you can eat them as is (they taste like carrots even as tiny strands), I happen to be allergic to raw carrots and so that was out for me. Thus, I just left all the carrots in the ground to grow.
Apparently (says my sister) we left them to grow too long, and they became "woody" so we pulled all of them out. Surprisingly (or not so much), here's what we found. My family aptly named them our "naughty carrots" and the name stuck.
They are all over each other and it still amazes me that they grew around each other like this. Especially the first one that wrapped multiple times around each other. Crazy.




9 comments:
Erika, you are naughty:) Love you and your crazy carrots!
that's hilarious!
Holy cow! I've never seen anything like that in my life! I doubt I ever will again. Thanks for posting about them! That's crazy.
Why does it not surprise me that your household would grow "naughty carrots"? ;)
Rabbits.......... hahahahahhahaha
Sorry bad joke.....;)
Those look cooler than "regular" carrots!
Your post made me laugh! I have never seen anything like that before in my life--in case I ever decide to grow carrots, I'll keep this experience in mind!
I LOVE your naughty carrots! They are so cool looking!
Becky
haha oh my gosh... those are acutally pretty cool.
And you're allergic to raw carrots?? bummer!
Those are awesome!! It is amazing they will grow like that!
Post a Comment