Monday, December 1, 2008

My favorites

So I have one sister who just loves chocolate. Anything with the chocolate is mostly acceptable. But really it's just the chocolate that she loves.

Then there's another sister who could really care less for chocolate but it's the caramel that she likes. Tiny amounts of chocolate with copious amounts of caramel is what you get her for a treat.

For me, chocolate is pretty great but there's something that's even better. I just recently realized this, so I'll let you guys in on my discovery. Let me start by listing my favorite snacks and treats and we'll see if you catch on...

1. Peanut Butter Cookies: As mentioned on my previous post I love these cookies and HAD to make them before I went to Phoenix for Christmas.
2. Scootcheroos: I'm not even sure that I'm spelling this correctly but MAN if only I had some Karo Syrup these would so be sitting on our kitchen table right now!
3. Reese's: I think we even asked for these as our Wedding Present, that's how in love with them we are.
4. PB & J Sandwiches: There is nothing better for lunch that a delicious PB & J sandwich dipped in ice-cold milk. Oh, light on the Jelly and thick on the Peanut Butter is the only way to make one.

So it's true, chocolate is great but Peanut Butter and Chocolate is even better! And now I'm realizing that my favorite M&M's are the Peanut Butter ones too!!! How I didn't realize my love for Peanut Butter before I'll never know...well... maybe it's all the food I have dancing around in my head. Did you know that for the first time ever on Thanksgiving Stephen only had one more plateful than I had!?! I can hardly believe it. Typically he'll beat me by quite a few but not this year, food is back to being my BFF and I have sorely been missing it.

I even have a list of all the food places that I have to hit while in Phoenix. So far we've got Panda Express (remember our nearest one is two hours away), Chick-fil-A (boy do I love a grilled chicken sandwich!!), Jamba Juice (I know it will be cold outside but Jamba is good any time), Cold Stone Creamery (all we have is Braum's and if you've ever been there you'll know it's a one-time only-haven't had ice cream in forever-type of place), Krispy Kreme (I once again live in a state with Krispy Kreme but as fate would have it, there isn't one anywhere near by...that custard-filled chocolate-iced donut is calling out my name!), Carumba's (really just good Mexican food in general), and Schlotsky's (ok,ok, so there's one out here but I could eat their sandwiches for every meal). So I've probably skipped a few and may not even hit them all but that's ok because I'm sure we will have more than enough of good Christmas cooking and baking to last us quite awhile.

Oh, and I don't know if you've noticed this at all but I am so excited to be coming out to Phoenix...12 days and I just can't wait!! Luckily I've got plenty to do between now and then like cooking and cleaning and cubscouts and trying not to get sick and packing and reading and finishing the couch and one more gift for Stephen (he has no clue about this one!!). So until I leave I'll just have to take my mind off of going and get stuff done...did I mention I have 28 pages of cookie recipes that I want to try out?! Or the ten pages of winter dinners I'd love to make with my mom?! Goodness I can hardly wait!!

5 comments:

soccermom said...

Please don't forget that the lover of chocolate, can not have fruit or nuts added to her chocolate!! Very important!! Caramel is fine (in fact really really fine), and nougat is even ok. Krispys is still ok, but I wouldn't venture too much outside of those things (though nuts in the form of peanut butter are acceptable). I have no idea where you get a food fetish from, as it obviously doesn't run in the family!!

We are all so excited to have you here as well. That is, if we can wrestle you away from Mom!!

Kat said...

Can't wait to see you at Christmas!!!!!!!

Any chance you will visit Tucson?

Anjeanette said...

Oh how I love to read your posts. My only complaint is they are too few.

I love your food list too...aside from the chocolate.

WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!! Oh Dear, don't say 12 days. I have so much to do, since my cookie party is the same day. Eeek

Camille Elise said...

Your guess was correct!!! Good job! I love that movie. :)

Oh man, how are ya? Had no idea you were in Texas!

Allison said...

I feel I should add several things to your list:

Oregano's....YOU KNOW you need to eat some pazookie when you're here, Erika. YOU KNOW IT!!!! :-)

Pita Pit. What ASU student doesn't love the Pita Pit?!

And for kicks, stop by a QT. I know I miss QT a great deal when I visit fam in the midwest.

(Oh, and I went to this place called Chino Bandido the other week...and man oh man was it tasty! It sounds kind of weird, but it's Chinese infused Mexican food. I had a jade chicken burrito, and it was absolutely fantastic!!!)