Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Appointment

Yesterday I had another appointment. Stephen was able to come to this one and he definitely made it more enjoyable. He asked the silliest questions and had me laughing the entire time. My doctor thought he was a hoot and ended up telling us more stories of births that she thought he would enjoy. Apparently she's delivered ten babies since last weekend.

Unfortunately I haven't progressed any further. I kinda wished she had lied and said that I was like .5 cm more dilated or 5% more effaced, but I'm not.

I was so glad that Stephen came because as it turned out I had a flat tire. So after the appointment we went to get the flat fixed. It was fun to be able to spend more time with him during the day.

I just wanted to add as a reminder to those who haven't commented with their predictions for Stephen the Kid's arrival, there's still time to enter the contest. I figure that I'll give everyone until the first and whoever guesses the most things correctly will win some sort of a prize. So far I've gotten a response from Chris, Soccermom, Lucky Mom, My Mother, Allison, and Kat. I've included the questions so you don't have to go hunting for that post.

1. What day will Stephen IV make his arrival?
2. What will be the time of the above-mentioned's birth?
3. How many hours will I be in labor?
4. Will I end up getting an epidural?
5. Will this child shock us all by being a "Stephanie" and not a "Stephen"?
6. Will an emergency c-section be necessary?
7. What will his length and weight be? And let's keep this to a relatively low number please, I will NOT be having a ten pounder!!!
8. Will he have a head full of hair or be a little baldy?
9. Anything else you would care to remark on.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Briana Jensen said...

k here are my predictions....
1. April 6
2. 4:46 am
3.9 hours
4. yes you will get one (who wouldn't want one!!!)
5. nope he will def be a Stephen!
6. nope... all natural baby!!
7. he will be 8 lbs. 3 oz and he will be 20 in long
8. he will have a full head of hair!!
9. And i would like my prize, should i win, for you to come visit me in rexburg so that i can see you and your new baby!!!!!!!

erika said...

Haha! Over 8 lbs! Goodness. OOH, it would be sooo fun to visit you in Rexburg. I know we're going to be in Utah at the end of May and it would be amazing to see you guys!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Here's my new guesses (because 2 sets of guesses wasn't enough!).

He will arrive early tomorrow morning. I'll say....4am. I say this because all my kids were born on the weekend, 2 started Fri night and were born early sat morning and one sat night and born early sun morning. My earliest was 2:41 am and latest was around 4. I'm figuring your labor wont be quite as quick as mine (because mine were sooooooo short and quick-4 hs 41 minutes being the longest!). But that still makes it be not too long (I'm assuming your water will break around when mine did which is 10 pmish). He's getting bigger now that you didn't have him at 38 weeks (like is my choice to do!). So, I'm going to now say 7 lbs 10 oz. Sorry, but ya should have had him already if you are wanting closer to 7 even! ;) My first was 6 even and biggest was 7lb 7 oz. But we all know how big my children run ;( Anywho. Whenever he does come we are ready (since that is what matters, as opposed to when you are ready!). We love you and as always are so excited and happy for you. You are absolutely awesome and will thoroughly LOVE delivery (after you get your epidural)! Seriously some exciting stuff. Please please keep us in the loop, even during labor. 2am-call me! Whatever time night or day. I'd love to be your distraction. K?! I bet I could talk you through your contractions, even over the phone, better than dear Stephen. No offense but he's a man and just can't have a clue! ;) Plus, I think he'll be woosey and a bit weirded out by the whole thing! So exciting!!!!!!
Love,
Becky

jkzank said...

1. I think 4/4 would be fitting for Stephen IV.
2. Around 12:00 noon
3. 12 hours
4. No epidural because you're tough and you'll be my role model!
5. Definitely Stephen
6. No c-section
7. 19 inches, 8lbs 2oz
8. Baldy
9. I Predict you will be my inspiration and motivation in having my own baby naturally!

I hope and pray you will have a smooth labor and delivery. I'm sure you and Jr. will be healthy and happy!

I really really want to see you guys!! I am super bummed that we won't be here when you guys come but I'm sure we'll figure something out!

erika said...

I didn't even think how perfect 4/4 would be for Stephen IV to be born! Sa-weet! We were so bummed when we found out you guys won't be in Utah when we come up, but living in AZ, we will definitely come and visit more often!

Karen said...

Here are my predictions for you.
1. 4/16
2. 2 pm
3. 12
4. yep
5. no, it will be a Stephen for sure
6. No
7. 21 inches long and 8 lbs 3 oz
8. baldy
Good luck with everything!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

I think he will be born April 9th @ 2:30 am. You will be in labor 21 hours. Epidural= yes. Stephen = yes. C-section = no. He will be 8 lbs 7 oz. and 21 in long. He will be bald maybe a little peach fuzz.