As of today I've got 23 days left til I get ready to post the eviction notice.
Is it alright to give the evictee one week notice? I certainly don't want him to come much earlier than his due date (I'm thinking a day or two is fine), but I am against going a week or more over. So basically he's got a 9-day time frame to vacate his current premises.
In the prior posts I've talked about a prediction game for those who want to guess various unknowns about this child and whoever is most accurate will win a prize. One of the questions I asked dealt with how much I would weigh at the end. Based on what I am going through right now, that question has been removed.
I've never had any issues dealing with my weight and suddenly I'm experiencing it. At my appointment on Thursday the first thing they do is to weigh me. Both the nurse and myself were quite shocked at my new weight. She was so shocked that she took me to a different scale to make sure the first one was working correctly. Both scales were measuring comparably.
I was so embarrassed. It's tough because I know that I'm supposed to be gaining weight. While other woman are able to get away with only gaining twenty pounds total while pregnant, I am not so fortunate. And boy am I gaining it.
My doctor basically said to not worry about the weight that I've gained. My blood pressure is normal and based on the excessive swelling that I'm having she said I'm just doing an amazing job at retaining water.
My feet are swollen all the time. I had to go and buy some larger sized shoes that are slip-on because nothing else fits. When I'm really swollen these ones don't even fit. My hands have also started swelling. I went and bought some rings to wear in place of my wedding ring and I figured I would buy some one and a half sizes larger than I am. I'd rather have them fall off than be too tight. Except that sometimes I swell so much that I can't even get THEM off!
I never really expected pregnancy to be this uncomfortable. I used to hear women complain about how their body was so sore and how they were just uncomfortable all over from being pregnant and for the most part I didn't really believe them. I just figured that since our bodies were essentially made to do this that it would be pretty easy. Boy how wrong I was. I now feel badly for all the times that some pregnant woman (probably one of my sisters) would tell me how uncomfortable they were and I would politely blow them off. I just didn't get it. Now I do.
And stretch marks?! I've got them allll over. The only place I don't have them is my belly. How does that make any sense? It's definitely the part of my body that has stretched the most and yet I haven't found any stretch marks. Until today. I was so glad that at least my stomach would survive this pregnancy unmarked but apparently I was wrong again.
I am so excited to have my little boy here and to finally get to meet him! I sort of forget that I'm really pregnant and that I'll have a child at the end of this. Going to the birthing classes at the hospital and seeing all the newborns there definitely got me so excited. I am so thankful for this pregnancy. While it certainly isn't enjoyable all the time I am so grateful that I haven't had to deal with any serious complications.
I really do love being pregnant. I love experiencing this life growing inside of me, I love reading about what's growing now or how he's progressing. I love hearing his heartbeat and especially seeing him on the ultrasound monitor. I love watching my belly move around when he's awake and I love being able to feel him move while no one else has any clue what's going around. I love having him so close to me all the time! And I love that I have less than a month to go!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago

8 comments:
Good luck! You are so in the homestretch of the marathon called pregnancy! It's the hardest leg to run in many ways! But thankfully, the end result is better than any medal I ever got for rally running! Once you hold that tiny baby in your arms...you'll agree. I know that you already know it, but just like really "knowing" how uncomfortable pregnancy can be, you don't "know" until you have him! Does that make sense? Basically, I am so excited for you! I would totally be getting your eviction notice ready! I evicted all of my kids 2 weeks early, and I felt that was too long! Whew, the end can be so hard...and long...and sleepless...well, you know! Good luck and I can't wait for the phone call saying it's time!
Rebecca
I love how honest you are about pregnancy being uncomfortable! It's always worried me that women would lie to me about how it felt and then I'd be totally unprepared.
I'm glad you're doing wonderfully!
I for one think that you should put the question back up... considering that even at your pregnancy weight, you are still lighter than half of us out there.... so you should put the question back up!!! I am way excited for you and can't wait to see pictures!!!
I know what you mean about the weight gain. With Kaily I gained 44 lbs. With Conner I only gained 15, so it was a nice compromise. Oh and even though I only gained 15 with him he still out weighed Kaily by 2 lbs. I think the last month is the most uncomfortable. I'm sorry that you are swelling so much I did that with Kaily too. It just makes it worse. The good news is that if all your weight gain is due to the water retention than it will be easier to get off.=) Good luck!
Blew me off did you!!? Just Kidding. Ha now you know. I think that is the amazing thing about pregnancy is that you just can't imagine the process until you go through it. We could have told you every detail of our pregnancies and still you wouldn't have understood. The last trimester is the most uncomfortable because your belly is so big that you can't see your feet much less reach them. Getting up (didn't I tell you, you would HATE that love sack towards the end of your pregnancy?) Probably blew that off too. ;)
Swollen feet aren't fun. Feels like walking in wet shoes with thick socks with that water squishing around. That is the closest description I can come up with.
As for the weight gain. You were too thin not to gain a ton of weight. The baby needs you to have some body fat. So when you don't have a a lot of it to begin with you have to gain it. Me, I had enough body fat and got away with only 26lbs of extra weight. I guess that I should say that my only goal was not to be 200lbs or over at the end. I was 198 and was saddly happy with that because it was under 200. Then again my body isn't built like yours either.
Good luck. We hope to hear good news soon. (not too soon)
Do you plan to induce sometime the last week? We did cause we hate having to wait for anything, even our children. ;)
I say you won't have him till the 10th if you don't induce. If you do induce I say that you will opt to induce by the 3rd (meaning by the 3rd you will decide to induce and it will either be to induce on the 3rd or early in the following week (by the 8th or so).
I figure you will have a 6lb 13oz bouncing baby boy with flaming balls of fire. You will know what I mean when you meet your little guy. ;)
He will have a head of dark hair. Blue eyes. I also feel that he will rember an old looking Stephen but not for long. Soon he will show his Miller colors. You will find that as time goes on he will begin to look a lot like the other boy cousins.
You will be waiting all day for your little guy to arrive. Meaning 8 hours or more of labor. You will probably opt for the empidural (don't wait till the pain is very strong if you know you want one. You may have to wait for a C section or other women to get theirs first, which could mean an hour or more and your contractions will continue to get stronger the longer you have to wait. Trust me!!!)
So glad to hear everything is going well. Sorry for the long comment.
Kat
Hey cute almost mommy! I have no idea what your current weight is, and I don't know if this will help, but just bufore Xavier was born I weighed about 45 lbs more than I did pre-pregnancy (I was worried because I was gaining weight and Trent was loosing weight). I am now under 10 lbs over what I was pre-preg, and Xavier is 10 1/2 weeks old. Don't worry. At least you aren't under weight and you know that you and baby are both healthy! I hope these last few days go well for you and your little family! Love you! ~Emmaly
Oh Erika! I am sorry that you are uncomfortable. Unfortunately, it is a sort of rite of passage to become a Mom it seems. I can't wait until you are a full fledged member of the Mom club. It is such a great place to be;) I can't wait to see what Stephen the Kid looks like. I remember that being my biggest unknown about having my children. No worries about delivery day. It is over in one day. And at the end, you have an amazing little teeny being in your arms. You and Stephen will look at each other and wonder what you have just gotten yourself into. And somehow, it will all come to you. You will cry and laugh and wonder when you will get sleep. And you will have that precious Stephen the Kid in your arms. He will snuggle up to you and it won't matter what you gained when you were pregnant. It won't matter how many scales you had to try to make sure your weight was correct. Remember how skinny you started out. You could use a pound or twenty;) And the stretch marks are like badges of honor. Wear them with pride. There are many women that will never get the chance to carry the miracle you are carrying. You are fortunate to be uncomfortable and all stretched up and swollen. Think of all the tears other women that can't have children are crying. I swear, I am proud of my stretch marks! I earned every one of them!
I totally sent eviction notices to my children. Unfortunately the little one was stubborn and decided to cook for a few days extra.
I am so excited for you! We love you!!
Anjeanette
One more snippet. Don't expect the swelling to go once you have had Stephen. You will continue to retain water for some time after. Watching your sodium intake will help a little.
Your sisters are right, NONE of it will matter once he is out and they put him on your belly. Then when they bring him back to you after they have weighed him and wrapped him up you will both breath a sigh of contentment. Really, Adrian smiled, while I was holding him for the first time. He had one corner turned up and was snuggled into me. They kind of have a punch drunk look to them at first and all they know is they still hear your voice and it sounds louder now.
Talk away Daddy, you baby will recognize your voice too!!
Sounds strange but of all the things I will miss by not having any more children it will be pregnancy and those first few months when the babies are all yours.
P.S. Nursing helps to take of the pg weight, I swear! Damian nursed for 16 months I was a size 14 before I had him and by the time I was done nursing I was an 8!!! I hadn't been that size in YEARS!! Adrian was not as great a nurser so I didn't go back down that far but still lost most of my weight right away.
Oh and don't forget to take in that "new baby" smell. (once they have given him his first bath that is) The top of their heads has a smell that is unlike anything else. It is sooooo calming (for me at least). The top of their heads are smooth and soft, I would rub it with my cheak all the time. You have to bring that baby back here SOON!!! My uterus hurts thinking about it. Good luck
Post a Comment