Sounds too good to be true? Here in Texas we do things a little differently.
This sign clearly says that their wings are less than a penny. I could easily go inside to inform them that their sign is incorrect, but it would be much more fun and enjoyable to instead go in and create a little scene.
Waiter (or Waitress): "Welcome to Applebee's, table for two?" (Of course I'd go with Stephen, I don't go to restaurants other than Schlotsky's without him!)
The Texas Flower (that'd be me): "Why yes, thank you! We're here for the amazing wing deal!"
W: "Oh, yes people do seem to enjoy that one."
TTF: "I'm sure they do, would you believe that you can get wings cooked and at a restaurant for cheaper than you can buy in the store?! It's simply incredible! I'm sure you're just doing this for the bad economy, right?"
W: blank stare or some awkward comment
TTF: "I mean, imagine getting three wings for just over a PENNY! Why, for this dime I can get 25 wings!!"
W: "Umm, actually you can't, the deal is for 39 cent wings, as in each one costs 39 cents."
TTF: "Haha, well, your sign out there says otherwise. It's a common mistake, most people have trouble dealing with numbers so I understand, I just thought that I should inform you of the mistake before too many other customers try to cash in on this little error."
TTF: "Oh, except I do want the advertised price for the wings."
Now all I have to do is wait for Thursday.
P.S. Any bets on whether they actually give me the advertised price or if they just get irate at my little charade?

4 comments:
I can't wait to see what happens. I assume you will try it? Too funny!!
FILM THIS!
I love your snarkie-ness!! You go girl.
Love the dialogue! Only you (and other number lovers) would think to yourself that that was really less than a penny. I just go along with it and think nothing of it (until you point it out and then I do appreciate the humor in it!). Love ya!
Post a Comment