Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jean Quilt

I had made it a goal to finish piecing together the top of this jean quilt before we moved and I DID IT!  This blasted thing took MONTHS.  Not because I'm super slow and procrastinated it (which certain didn't help) but because these pieces all came from old jeans.  I had to cut the seams off these old jeans, then cut the squares out of the leftover pant material.  My mom had been saving jeans for YEARS and I cut ALL of the jeans up.  I could made many more quilts out of the cut material but this one is for my family.  I'm so proud of it!  Now I just need to figure out what to do with it.
Pretty isn't it?  And even though this one's fuzzy, my son was being adorable so I had to include it anyway.

5 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Yay!! Did you sew around the edges? Is it one sided? IV is adorable. Shocking I know;)

Love

Karen said...

I've been wanting to do one of those, but it will have to wait for next year. It looks great!

erika said...

Thanks! And it is one-sided and I haven't sewn around the edges...because I don't know yet what I want to do with it.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Who doesn't love a jean quilt?! I love it! Great block pattern for it!
Yes, IV is adorable! ;)
Becky

Paige said...

Wow cute quilt, super cute baby. I'm impressed!!