Saturday, September 4, 2010

Question

So before the mandatory post with the new place pictures, I have a very important question for everyone. This will help with an ongoing debate between my husband and myself. So very imperative, right? I want you to read the following sentence in quotes out loud. Yep, you read that correctly, you must read the afore-mentioned sentence OUT LOUD. I don't care how many people are in the same room as you......in fact, have them read the sentence out loud as well.

So here it is...ready?

"The pirates buried their treasure in the sand."

Did you read it out loud? Ok, good. Now read it again out loud and pay attention to how you say each word.

Now here's what's important... How did you say the word, "buried"?

Did you say it like it is spelled with a "u" or did you say it with either an "a" sound or an "e" sound like in Barry or berry?

Please leave your answer in the comments section. I don't care if you never comment, or if you stumbled upon this blog while looking for the pioneer woman (which is totally not even possible). The fact of the matter is you are here now reading this and I want...nope I NEED your answer. Thanks.

P.S. I am not telling which side of this great debate Stephen or I are on. That will come later and I do not want to influence your answer.

10 comments:

Alison said...

berri-ed...

and I made Phil do it too.

He said berri-ed.

Two points for berri-ed.

Anjeanette said...

It is like Married.

Steve and I had this conversation today with the word "obsess". How do you say that? Aaahbsess or Uhhbsess?

Anjeanette said...

Oh yah, now put some pictures with lots of words to explain them up now!

Paige said...

I hope I don't cause any strife by this but...

burried with an "urr".

Joseph and I recently settled a similar debate over the pronunciation of "hoof". He thought it rhymed with "aloof"... Silly boy. Needless to say, I won. I hope you do too :)

Anonymous said...

Berried. :)

Karen said...

I said it with a "u" sound.

jkzank said...

Jared and I both said b"ur"ied. Jared says that's how he would always say it. I think I just read it that way but if I were to just think of the sentence or say it randomly I would say "berried."

Steven and Chelsea said...

B-a-rried like married.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

No question, it's berried! Like berries! Sorry Stephen, but I hope Erika wins this one! ;)
Becky
This place even agrees and lets you hear how it is to be said.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/buried

Land family said...

totally berry-ed!