Friday, September 17, 2010

My Sick Baby

Last week my family decided to have a fun game of "Pass Around the Strep Throat".  My son ended up with his first fever and I was panicked.  He's almost 18 months old and this is his second sickness.  I'm still a newbie mom at all of this.  We went to the doctor and he didn't have strep throat.  His immune system kicked it's butt!  And then kindly passed it on to me.  Fun fun.  
Little Stephen was so sad to see.  He is not one to fall asleep just anywhere but I loved the cuddles he was giving.  Here he is on the couch.  Right after I took these pictures I picked him up and held him while he slept.  It's been forever since we've done that and I just soaked in that time with my normally wiggly toddler.  
Butt up in the air!  I love it!
He LOVES these blankets my mom made for him.  He's got two and often borrows the ones my mom made for my husband and I as well.  Too cute.
I love my boys!  And am sooo glad the sickness is over {knock on wood!}

3 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Oh Honey!! Give that baby er, toddler a big hug from me. I love the butt in the air!!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Well, you are welcome. I've worked hard at teaching my children to share! Thankfully, they didn't share with me?! How does that work? 3 sickies that coughed and sneezed all over me, that I held all night to help them sleep, and I didn't get it?! Thank goodness! There is no way I can be out of commission in my life! ;)
Seriously though, so sorry we passed that on to so many! I'm thankful you did not share your fun with us!
I also relished the extra loves with my kiddos. Yes, I'd rather they were not sick, cuz it's so sad! But heck ya I love the extra time and cuddles!
Baby Stephen looks so sweet! I love the bum in the air!
Is that an IPAD in Stephen's hand?
Becky

Kat said...

Poor guy! Though I have to say that I too love the opportunities for snuggles when they are sick.