So far I've only taken pictures of the kitchen, dining room and front room. Pictures of the bedrooms/office/craft room will come later (once they've been more unpacked and organized). Pictures of the bathrooms will come now when I figure out the best angle to capture the awkwardness.
Just imagine... One Toilet, two sinks, two tubs/showers, three doors. Awkward.
But for now here's the kitchen. We have a brand spankin' new dishwasher and a new oven as well. Not pictured is the faucet filter once we realized how stinky the water is here. Seriously, my sponge that I use to wash dishes lasts a maximum of five days before it REEKS and has to be tossed. I've never gone through sponges that fast...and I totally let it dry out before I use it again. It's gross and if you have any suggestions I'm all ears!
Oh yes, these pictures were taken after Stephen installed door knobs and handles on the cabinetry. It looks soo good. The apartment had been so heavily painted that all the cabinets are sticky. You would open the cabinet and stick to it. We have also lined the drawers and need to line the shelves as well.Here's the front room. To the right is the door and a fireplace on the wall. I doubt we'll ever use the fireplace, but it's fun to have nonetheless. I told Stephen we need a shelf across the fireplace so I can hang our stockings on it for Christmas.
You are seeing our brand new couch. This is the FIRST couch we have bought in our marriage...all three years of it! We used to only have the love sac which isn't the most comfortable thing ever. In Texas we borrowed a couch and love seat from the ward. It needed some fixing up and I sewed all the zippers on the cushions for it. We LOVED those pieces. My pregnant self especially loved them. Then we moved back to Arizona and gave them back to the ward for someone else to use who needs them.
Wanna know the great things about the couch? It cost $350. For the couch and the ottoman. What a deal! And it's not microsuede which we HATE. AND I can lay out on the chaise part, Stephen take the main part, the Kid takes the ottoman and we all fit comfortably. It's great.
Next is the dining room, which leads to the kitchen. We bought the table from IKEA and it has a nice big leaf so we can fit all 6 kids around it. Someday. Like in a million years. The front room is to the left of the dining room.

And there you have it. Our main living area. I LOVE this apartment. We have brand new carpeting which IV has already spilled milk and poop on so I'd say we're really living it up.




5 comments:
Oh Erika!! The apartment is great!! I love your couch. i can't believe you got it for that little. And the table with a leaf is so nice. Not just for when you have more kids down the road, but also anytime you have people over, or when you have a big project you are working on.
Thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better soon. Lots of love coming your way.
Microwave your sponges. It kills the germs! Maybe they can last longer that way!
The place looks darling! I didn't know you took the HUMONGO love sack! I love your couches. Can't wait to see how the rest gets situated!
Becky
I love your couch and your new table!! And about the sponges...one of my roommates in college used to microwave our sponges every few days. It killed the germs and made them last longer...at least that's what she said.
you moved! To where? I love your new place :)
Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely try microwaving the sponges, and Paige, we just moved to Mesa, and so far we like it.
Post a Comment